A cornerstone of the Labrador North Chamber of Commerce (LNCC) commitment to making a positive difference in Labrador communities is our Community Investment Program. Through this program, the LNCC aims to support important community initiatives in Labrador, including health and well-being, the environment, arts and culture, hunger, homelessness, literacy, education, youth, seniors, sport, and disaster relief.
Support requests must be submitted in writing, and applicants should include the following information in their proposal:
- Brief history of organization, with a clear description of its purpose, uniqueness, who benefits from it, how is success measured, and geographic area of operation.
- A brief history of the initiative.
- A clear description of how the initiative fits within one or more of the LNCC’s causes.
- Amount of funding requested.
- Must explain the allocation of funds.
- List all funding sources.
- List of all confirmed/proposed donors.
- Names of officers and members of the governing board and their occupations or business affiliations, if applicable.
- Plans for donor recognition.
- Demonstrate the organization’s financial stability.
- List charitable components of the event or project.
- Organizations must be located in Labrador.
Past recipients include (but are not limited to):
- Trapline Marathon
- Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- Early Childhood Development Association
- Mealy Mountain Collegiate (Expo Labrador Scholarships)
- Healthy Waters Labrador
- Ronald McDonald House
- Labrador Hunting & Fishing Association
- Salvation Army
Proposals should be addressed and sent to the LNCC’s CEO Julianne Griffin via one of the following methods:
Mail: P.O. Box 460, Stn B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1E0
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (709) 896-8039
A committee of the LNCC staff and Board of Directors will review proposals twice per year (June 30 and December 15). While the LNCC will respond to all requests, please note that not all proposals will be successful.